Important Notice for Existing Members: the system is recently updated, and login system is also upgraded. You will need to reset your password to log in again. Please use the FORGOT PASSWORD button below to reset, and after all the procedures, you will be able to log back in. Email us for any issues

Member? Come on in!

Forgot password?

Not angel? Sign up now!

CSS helps - they're so killing me
Started by crays 24-12-08 .

Hey guys, i need some help in CSS. I've these things,
a background color of light blue
a picture (let's call it X) that i want it to go into the middle of the page (always middle)
two content box.

Now the problem is, i made a div with the picture X as the background (let's call this D1), then i add the content box picture IN the div. I used padding-left to move it to the correct position, but then later i found out this wouldn't work if the resolution of other ppl's monitor aren't the same as mine.

Later, i play around and yet fail to find out how i should add in the actual content. If i add the contents (it should be fit into the content box's picture) under the div D1 it would stack with the other two images of the content box i added as images.

As of what i'm saying, here is the codes:

Post edited 24-12-08

Night Angel 24-12-08 2008-12-24 15:02:31

Of course, with <> the texts became codes and the browser would run it

crays . 24-12-08
any idea how i should solve it T___T ? I want the content IN the image. How to T___T ?

McLaranium 24-12-08 2008-12-24 22:56:44

post an online example !
said**

Night Angel 25-12-08 2008-12-25 00:31:29

This is how can you do it. I am posting only the CSS part. HTML you have should be fine.

body {
margin:0;
padding:0;
font-size: small;
background: #f8feff url(bg.gif) repeat-x;
}

#cloud {
margin: auto;
background: url("top.gif") no-repeat;
vertical-align: top;
padding-left: 266px;
}

To make something align in the center in DIV, put margin as auto.

But hey, you have two backgrounds here, right?

crays 27-12-08 2008-12-27 05:37:27

Thankies, would try that soon. Erm actually its more like a picture and a background (the top.gif is a picture). The picture i wants it to be floating IN the middle but behind the content stuff.

Night Angel 27-12-08 2008-12-27 05:42:52

But you see in the CSS there are TWO backgrounds already, and you have two images in the HTML which is on the top of all these backgrounds. Am I right?

You must log in to comment on threads and posts.

Return to forum Scroll to top Email this post to someone