Important Notice for Existing Members: the system is recently updated, and login system is also upgraded. You will need to reset your password to log in again. Please use the FORGOT PASSWORD button below to reset, and after all the procedures, you will be able to log back in. Email us for any issues

Member? Come on in!

Forgot password?

Not angel? Sign up now!

Sleep Talking
Started by Night Angel 4-4-10 .

Do you know from your friends or family members that you talk during dreams? Have you ever actually cried when you are sleeping?

I don't, but I know some friends who do, and I know too that my uncle actually sleep-walk! You?

Night Angel 7-4-10 2010-04-07 03:40:33

she must be having a huge fight with some devils

crays 7-4-10 2010-04-07 09:01:19

Well, you guys ever sleep consciously? Like you sleep, but are aware of the surroundings? I do. Not all the time tho, when you wake up, you felt like you never slept before.

Night Angel 7-4-10 2010-04-07 10:48:51

Not really, I am just very alerted even when I am sleeping (unless I am too tired and deeply asleep). If you said it felt like you never slept before, it sounds like a horrible thing though

McLaranium 7-4-10 2010-04-07 14:46:13

I sleep entering in a Comma state. iF I'm with a "light sleeping mode" (sueño ligero) is caused to remain thinking a lot of things before sleep. Thoughts when is time to sleep steal the sleepin'. In my family sounds or issues does not awake us
(still I don't know what can I do or dream to awake crying .. )

Night Angel 7-4-10 2010-04-07 14:55:33

Light sleeping what is that... *faint* And what is "steal the sleeping"?

crays 7-4-10 2010-04-07 15:02:37

I think he meant he could sleep even with light on? No idea bout sleep stealing tho.

Yes, it is very horrible. I felt like a friggin zombie few days ago, still having the slight effect now.

Marshmallo_Crown 7-4-10 2010-04-07 20:25:39

[ link ] :] oops this was best for the nap thread oh well^^;

Post edited 7-4-10

Night Angel 8-4-10 2010-04-08 01:30:34

This is really true, from your link:

Good habits for good sleep:
Exercise most days, even if it’s just to take a walk.
No caffeine after 7:00 p.m.
An hour before bedtime, avoid doing any kind of work that takes alert thinking. Addressing envelopes—okay. Analyzing an article—nope.
Adjust your bedroom temperature to be slightly chilly.
Keep your bedroom dark. Studies show that even the tiny light from a digital alarm clock can disrupt a sleep cycle. We have about six devices in our room that glow bright green; it’s like sleeping in a mad scientist’s lab. The Big Man's new pet, a Roomba (yes, he loves his robot vacuum), gives out so much light that I have to cover it with a pillow before bed.
Keep the bedroom as tidy as possible. It’s not restful to fight through chaos into bed.

Good!

larry 8-4-10 2010-04-08 05:20:19

My parents told me once that I actually sleep walked when I still schooling.

I actually gotten out of bed. Taken a shower and got dressed into my school clothes and scolded my dad for still sleeping, instead of being ready to take me to school. Then I went back to bed.

Woke up and found myself in school clothes and my parents told me that it was a Sunday!

Night Angel 8-4-10 2010-04-08 09:14:11

wow that is scary! Did you do that again? Or just once?

Was your mum scared and took you to the doctor?

larry . 9-4-10
Did that once.

They were just shocked and went back to sleep

I wouldn't mind sleep walking to the PC and started coding...wait a sec... am i sleep walking now?

Night Angel . 9-4-10
I think you are. Try eating some and that will make this last longer until your coding is complete. :

larry . 12-4-10
LOL...imagine if a patient on the operating table induced with cloroform is out for the count. But sleep walks in the middle of the operation

Night Angel . 12-4-10
still that's kinda scary, no matter what situation it is in

crays 8-4-10 2010-04-08 12:48:49

nice article! Now i know how to sleep better, been having sleepless nights lately.

I heard from some source (long ago) that sleep walking is due to daily accumulated stress. Not sure if its true or not.

Bout what happened to larry, it actually happened to me once, but i was awake. My mom came into my room to search something and she switched on the lights.

I usually wake up straight away if the light is on, so i thought its time for school, i took my towel, get into the bathroom and my mom curiously asked "what are you doing son?" then i looked at the clock, 1a.m. Nice.

crays . 11-4-10
ya my mom pointed at it and told me

Night Angel . 11-4-10
But you were not actually seeing it, no?

crays . 12-4-10
i am, are you thinking that i am sleep walking? I'm awake!

Night Angel . 12-4-10
Oh oh oh I thought you were talking about sleep walking and you actually dressed up now I got it

crays . 12-4-10
lawl. But my mom said i sleep walked once. Never remembered it tho.

McLaranium 9-4-10 2010-04-09 01:29:48

"sueño ligero" in spanish is sleep but not so deep, is just sleeping in a 1st phase, maybe some sounds or movements could meake you awake.

"Sueño pesado" - heavy sleeping mode or deep- sleeping is like a comma on me, it's hard to me listen something.

when I can't sleep or my sleeping sensation is light - it is caused by some "worry" I mean insomio- is caused by thoughts just in my case.

Larry and Crays said something about awake or do things in different hour time. check this:

After take a nap, I awake - wakeup, I start to dressup schoolar clothes, prepare my school stuff and after a few minutes I go to the street to buy some beverage. I see commerces, store or markets open, and more people than habitual arround... ¿why everybody is "working and doing things so early???" and.. I start the regretion - the concient state. I thought 6:30 pm was 6:30 am and I acted like 6:30 am usually going to school. The sensation was very strange and rare !
my lil' brother also lived an experience so, after a nap he thought and he felt 7:00 pm was 7:am and did things like morning !

You must log in to comment on threads and posts.

Return to forum Scroll to top Email this post to someone