Retro Games
Started by Night Angel 10-2-14 .

So how many of these games mentioned in the link have you played? I am sure that some of you at least played one of them, while others played even more.

Wow, Doom, that's the first game I was addicted to and Test Drive, or my god! You?

Retro Video/DOS Games For The Weekend | Smashing Magazine
http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2010/10/08/its-retro-video-dos-game-day-take-a-stroll-down-memory-lane/

Night Angel 18-2-14 2014-02-18 00:47:53

By introducing disasters?

ikomi 18-2-14 2014-02-18 19:42:05

I know some people do that but nah, I just move things around a lot or develop a zone halfway then decide it's better elsewhere (bad mayor ).

crays 19-2-14 2014-02-19 00:43:12

Pikachu volley ball, we used to save it up in a floppy disk and bring it to school during computer class and play, little did we know the teacher has total surveillance of what devilish things we do on our desktop.

Night Angel . 19-2-14
when I was in secondary school (around 19 years old), our math teacher, who is also the computer class teacher, took us to the computer lab to play network games after completing the lesson for that day, of course if time permits. Then we all went up there and played Starcraft.

He even told us to tell the younger students, if asked why playing, that we the older ones were just testing the school networks.

crays . 22-2-14
damn you have one heck of a teacher

Night Angel 19-2-14 2014-02-19 01:37:08

Talking about game on floppy, I remember a car racing game called Lotus too, which I was so addicted to it when I was small. Have anyone played it?

Post edited 19-2-14

ikomi 19-2-14 2014-02-19 15:23:02

Never heard of it (Lotus reminds me of office software ), but the graphics look pretty good for its time.

For a while I played this series called Hugo (Hugo House of Horrors and Hugo 2: Whodunit?) [ link ] but I'm awful at most games, including type or point-and-click adventures. Still, with these mystery games, curiosity killed the cat ...

Night Angel 19-2-14 2014-02-19 15:34:38

How about the old game "Alone in the Dark"? That was a scary game at the time...

Here it is (wow, an hour long this thing is!)

crays . 22-2-14
oh god! i remember this game! i used to play it when i was REALLY young and have no idea wtf i was doing maybe i should try it again.

Night Angel . 24-2-14
You seriously want to play again?

wreckoning . 25-2-14
Heyo, this Alone in the Dark gives out a minecraft vibe and looks way less scarier!!!

Now i'm scared & mind f u c k e d that a version like that existed before

Night Angel . 26-2-14
at that time, such a horror game was very successful, and don't forget the spooky background music!

wreckoning 24-2-14 2014-02-24 10:20:04

yooo, so many memories a popping up!

Pacman, Doom, Mortal Kombat, Worms, Quake.

Was a great fan of the first person shooters, esp when their franchises were revived in the recent years.

However, honorable mentions include the hit em up side scroll games (The Punisher, Aliens vs Predator, Dynasty Warriors/Warriors of Fate)

[ link ]

[ link ]

[ link ]

Post edited 24-2-14

Nohbudy 26-2-14 2014-02-26 19:14:06

The original SimCity was the greatest game ever back in the day. I loved building cities, then destroying them with godzillas and floods. But Duke Nukem 3D taught me how to mod games, and Starsiege Tribes taught me how to program.
Tribes was the best, there were massive maps, vehicles, jetpacks, and you can do some insane things with mods.

manifest3r 26-2-14 2014-02-26 21:51:33

I can't say that I've played too name games from the list, but I go to a retro arcade called Grinkers.

It's pretty cool because they have actual arcade machines with the specific controls for the game. Some of them get pretty intense even when you're only looking at wire frames! Lol

My favorite would have to be Gauntlet, so fun with 4 players!

Game List:
[ link ]

wreckoning 27-2-14 2014-02-27 09:44:19

From Nohbudy:

The original SimCity was the greatest game ever back in the day. I loved building cities, then destroying them with godzillas and floods. But Duke Nukem 3D taught me how to mod games, and Starsiege Tribes taught me how to program.
Tribes was the best, there were massive maps, vehicles, jetpacks, and you can do some insane things with mods.

Tribes was definitely an insane game with a lot to explore, kind of reminds me of the first ever Unreal Tournament (the best one may I add)

McLaranium 3 weeks ago 2019-02-25 04:21:30

This is not Retro - this is recently played ! I could upload the video
retro?

Night Angel 2 weeks ago 2019-03-03 15:00:50

That's not retro! It is still up in the app stores!

You must log in to comment on threads and posts.

Return to forum Scroll to top Email this post to someone