Important Notice for Existing Members: the system is recently updated, and login system is also upgraded. You will need to reset your password to log in again. Please use the FORGOT PASSWORD button below to reset, and after all the procedures, you will be able to log back in. Email us for any issues

Member? Come on in!

Forgot password?

Not angel? Sign up now!

new Apple products and some prices - $
Started by McLaranium 2 months ago .

You know the story, new Mac Pro, and the Display... and the support base... and the iPod.
I remember the past Apple display, I found it over price expensive and it was not sold anymore in the store.
Now I imagine the same chapter in this new season, a very expensive screen , and it's base stand mount...

I find it expensive too, comparing with other monitors, materials, brands, specs...
and my loved - I wanted a new better camera, but I never expected a price twice - double price than the past .
and the Mac Pro, something is happening with Mac (o0)

Mac Mini price ... I don't know, it is expensive but yet affordable.

ikomi 2 months ago 2019-06-11 19:22:24

I haven't looked at the other products in the announcement besides the iPod, but I'll comment on the iPod Touch.

Price-wise, it depends on the comparison point. The days of the classic iPods with more storage for less are long gone. Compared to the previous generation though, it's more storage for the same price, starting at 199 USD for 32 GB (previously 16 GB).

Likewise, the camera was one of the first things I checked. It's the same camera as the previous generation. Same battery life. Basically what you're getting is more storage, another 4 years of device support, a faster chip for software-based features like augmented reality and group Facetime. If you're thinking of getting a new iPod and don't already have the previous model, this could be a viable choice.

My experience with the 6th-gen iPod Touch has been mixed, maybe some of the flaws have been fixed with OS updates.

Night Angel 2 months ago 2019-06-18 07:16:35

I didn't know that the iPod Touch was updated, but looks like it was just last weekend? [ link ]

Does anyone actually get iPod Touch now? I suppose the target audience group is small, mostly for those who are not using iPhone , but you probably will listen to music in non-iPhone phones, right? I don't get it...

Anyone is interested in an HomePod? I just love mine!

McLaranium 2 months ago 2019-06-20 05:22:33

I don't HomePod
I don't SONOS
iF I had to choose one, maybe SONOS

iPod: instagram, messenger, youtube, music and videos (and some photos). I did not find in the new iPod any new feature to enhance my experience for that.

ikomi 2 months ago 2019-06-29 15:53:20

Yeah, the audience is probably much smaller than that of the iPhone, and the marketing seems to be targeted towards kids/teens. The good news with the refresh - though it's more like an incremental update - is at least the product line isn't dead.

I like it for the very reason it's not a phone, no cell tower tracking. Mostly using it as a camera, music player, messaging client and ebook reader.

No HomePod for me, these types of voice-driven assistant devices give me the creeps. Good to hear you're enjoying yours though!

McLaranium 1 month ago 2019-06-30 05:00:16

I imagine a device saying:
there are only one left coca-cola in the refrigg,
the water bottle for cats is empty at 50%
-maybe with a female voice with british accent
just that. no more assistance than the things I commonly care ha ha

ikomi 1 month ago 2019-06-30 18:19:34

Don't you want the voice to be able to sing food-related ballads while you cook?

McLaranium . 1 month ago
when I cook, I drink coffee or soda. and call me "whatever" but maybe christian songs when I cook by the A.I. Girl

ikomi . 1 month ago
Back to ? Nothing wrong with listening to Christian songs.

McLaranium . 1 month ago
I have a 235 ml bootle . and it lasts to me a lot of hours. I've noticed a mini bootle lasts more than a big glass of coke ! even I don't finish the drink in mini bootle and I Trash it without be empty (o0)!

You must log in to comment on threads and posts.

Return to forum Scroll to top Email this post to someone