Important Notice for Existing Members: the system is recently updated, and login system is also upgraded. You will need to reset your password to log in again. Please use the FORGOT PASSWORD button below to reset, and after all the procedures, you will be able to log back in. Email us for any issues

Member? Come on in!

Forgot password?

Not angel? Sign up now!

amount I would like to have, or do I need
Started by McLaranium 1 week ago .

Just a gossip.
I saw the news.. . ya know: fraud, corruption and interesting to know some numbers $ $. One man accused fraud, steal money from MEX and Fraud to State and false companies...
Some numbers of fraud and crime are around 000 000 USD, some others 15 and $ 25 000 000 USD, even can be more in some cases: 200 or $ 175 000 000 USD average in fraud to Petroleos Mexicanos (the petrol of Mexican Republic).
I made a list: how much money would I need to do whatever thing I want and to have whatever thing I like.
I'm cheap: iF the Genius of the lamp gives me just $ 3 375 000 USD,
The most expensive car I would get Audi 3 and Chevrolet Suburban (and Kia Rio for a gift ).

ikomi 1 week ago 2019-09-08 19:30:53

An amount is irrelevant in the current mechanisms of national currencies. High inflation and devaluation can render a fixed amount practically obsolete. It's only numbers. For example, in an area where a house for a family of 4 costs million and up, .4 million doesn't go very far.

Sure, I buy/get things. What's the connection? Does having money to do/buy whatever a person wants make them happy? If it makes you happy, great. If anything, it saddens me that a lot of things being mass-produced, marketed and bought cause harm to people and the planet.

There are things that I would view as important to a good quality of life and being happy, such as clean water, nutritious food, resilience against emergencies, free movement of people/goods, etc. that aren't readily translated to a dollar/pesos amount. Then there are experiences people can have for free or low monetary cost that can be satisfying.

Maybe I don't understand the exercise?

McLaranium 5 days ago 2019-09-11 05:13:52

I've thought:
"do you think some of those criminals sleep relaxed rest ? an odd way to be happy maybe ? "
I just thought about the things and amount of money to do whatever I would like and to get all that I want. really I don't mean "with 3 500 000 USd I would be happy" - no , nothing related about it.

sometimes the play-game is : what would you do with Aladdin Genius? , what would you do with 1 hour of no limit " what would you do with 5 millions ? - but I did it inverted: how much money do I need for this and these ... I found I'm cheap, and lazy: house in Los angeles, Chihuahua and Madrid .. waaak... better to rent with Air BnB and of course, one main apartment or house and one other house ... and the first thing I considered (that's why I started this topic) was "I would like a Drone Mavic Pro".

I find interesting how some people - from drug carteles or ex-Gov people ministers : they have twice what I would enjoy even they want go for more! (o0) !
one friend said:
they live and think with other mind, perspective, another world, money and happiness is different paradigm for you and for them.

one example based in your comment:
to me, if I had the oportunity and chance to do it, provide clean water system for a comuna, or maybe a medical base , it brings happiness on me. maybe an Audi could bring joy, not happiness at all.

so much years ago, in past decades, there was a famous Police Officer Chief in MEX, he controlled with success the crime, very very low crime numbers, "because he was a kinf od crime boss beinmg the chief of police for Capital city MEX" . (o0) He built a house based in the Athens Parthenon currently abandoned. Damn! hahaha I would not bouild a mansion I would not get it.. with a comfortable apartment in Chicago I would be fine and .. "El Negro Durazo, Enrique Peña Nieto, Eruviel Ávila... - ex GOV people, their satisfaction feeling is sick as an alcoholic's paradigm of beer".

McLaranium . 5 days ago
I mean "a house inspired in the Athens" - not "based in / on"

ikomi 3 days ago 2019-09-13 03:09:09

Have a genie bring out genies, each summoning more genies.

What are you going to do when a Drone Mavic Pro 2 comes out?

It's said that in places with higher inequality, people are more likely to use material possessions as a way to show social status. People might be more obsessed with what they have or don't have.

Sometimes I wonder how societies would be without the current monetary system. There would still be companies and commerce, but the current way, printing lots of and infinite growth, isn't going to last on a finite earth.

An interesting distinction you made between "joy" and "happiness". They're the same to me. So one is a more long-term state?

Yeah, Greco-Roman architecture has been emulated many times in history, some might say overdone.

McLaranium 3 days ago 2019-09-13 06:30:29

Edited

Post edited 3 days ago

You must log in to comment on threads and posts.

Return to forum Scroll to top Email this post to someone